Under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) the Australian Volunteers for International Development (AVID) program as managed by Scope Global is obliged to comply with the requirements in this act, effective from 21 December 2001. Whenever we collect and otherwise deal with your personal information, we are governed by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988. Whenever we collect personal information from you, we will make every reasonable attempt to inform you of why we are collecting your information, to whom we will disclose that information and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
In general, the purposes for which we collect your personal information include:
- Australian Government briefings, including for events and for Australian officials travelling overseas or within Australia
- public relations opportunities
- mentoring programs
- inviting your participation as a current or AVID Alumni to brief AVID volunteer candidates as part of their preparation
- internal Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reports
- Certificates of Appreciation
- to process your application to become a participant in the Australian Volunteering Program
- to assist you with services whilst you are placed in the Australian Volunteering Program
- to obtain feedback from you about your experiences
- to allow us to review and improve our program
To place you in our program, it will be necessary, where relevant, to pass on some of the information that you provide to appropriate third parties such as:
- the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Government ministers and/or Australian parliamentary bodies
- sub-contractors of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and of Scope Global who assist in the implementation and evaluation of the AVID program
- volunteer host organisations
- other volunteer organisations that deliver the AVID program including Australian Volunteers International and the Red Cross
- members of the public through the promotion of the AVID program
- volunteer alumni, other AVID program volunteers, and prospective volunteers.
At all times, we will take great care to ensure that your personal information is stored, processed and handled confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act. If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with the Privacy Act or if you wish to access personal information that we hold about you, please write to the Director at the following address:
The Program Director
Australian Volunteers for International Development
c/o Scope Global
Level 1, 41 Dequetteville Terrace
Kent Town SA 5067
The AVID Program attempts to ensure that the information contained in its web site is accurate and up to date, but sections may be amended without notice by the the managing contractor, Scope Global Pty Ltd (Scope Global). Persons intending to act on any information contained herein should first check with Scope Global to ascertain whether any later information is available in respect of the relevant material.
Scope Global, its agents and employees will not be liable for any costs, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the possession, publication or use of or reliance on information obtained from this web site . It is provided in good faith without express or implied warranty.